ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Movie Mode

(1/4) > >>

app103:
Whenever my daughter and I watch movies on my PC (or I am playing a fullscreen game), I end up having to first close a bunch of applications I normally have running, because they either make sounds or have popup alerts that distract us and spoil our enjoyment of the movie.

It would be nice if I had utility that I could supply a list of the full paths to all the programs that interfere, that may or may not be running. It would go down the list and check if those apps are running; and if they are, add them to a relaunch list before closing them. Then when I am finished watching my movie, it could relaunch all the apps for me...but only the ones on the relaunch list. This way nothing that wasn't running before would end up getting launched, and I could provide a more extensive list of applications that interfere.

NOTE: At least one of the applications I need to close has to be relaunched with command line parameters.

JavaJones:
Would it not be easier to have something that mutes all apps but the foreground one (movie player) and is "always on top"? Seems that might also be fairly easy to code and more generally useful.

- Oshyan

app103:
No, because it's not only sound that causes distractions. Popup alerts and other activities also cause distractions.

This would be fairly easy to code as I described it, and normally it would be the kind of thing I'd make myself, but I am just not in the right frame of mind to be able to do it.

mouser:
I would be willing to add such a feature to Process Tamer.

JavaJones:
Yeah, I figured the "always on top" bit would take care of the pop-ups. But fair enough. I guess a better way to say it is *I'd* find a more general version to be useful. But I don't want to hijack your request thread. :)

- Oshyan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version