ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Transparent Screensaver

<< < (3/4) > >>

JennyB:
Thanks for tackling this for me! It's a good start! :Thmbsup:
Multi-monitor capability is a must for me because all of the computers here are 2+ monitor configurations.
I think the inverse band is pretty good, but it's moving too fast on my system and is really choppy. Is there a way to modify the speed and width of it?
Also, if there could be a way to dim the screen such as in the dimsaver screensaver (allowing realtime updates), I think that might be just as good as doing a whole shot and inverting it.
As far as how realtime the data must be.... I would be okay with less than 2-5 seconds of delay.
-michaewlewis (December 20, 2010, 10:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

Would it be possible/useful to just slowly scroll the whole screen? Up until the header appears at the bottom, then down until the footer appears at the top, and repeat?  :-\

rsteward:
Thanks for tackling this for me! It's a good start! :Thmbsup:
Multi-monitor capability is a must for me because all of the computers here are 2+ monitor configurations.
I think the inverse band is pretty good, but it's moving too fast on my system and is really choppy. Is there a way to modify the speed and width of it?
Also, if there could be a way to dim the screen such as in the dimsaver screensaver (allowing realtime updates), I think that might be just as good as doing a whole shot and inverting it.
As far as how realtime the data must be.... I would be okay with less than 2-5 seconds of delay.
-michaewlewis (December 20, 2010, 10:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

Would it be possible/useful to just slowly scroll the whole screen? Up until the header appears at the bottom, then down until the footer appears at the top, and repeat?  :-\
-JennyB (December 20, 2010, 04:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

I like that idea.  Reminiscence of the old vertical hold problem on old tv's.

I did find this but haven't tried it out yet.  (work computer has screensavers locked down, like that's a security risk!) 
Ike-World Screen Saver
and
Mangle!

michaewlewis:
Interesting idea, but that wouldn't really work for what I need it for.... the screen content needs to be very viewable at all times and having it scroll like that would break up the data, obfuscating the information.

BTW, WOT doesn't like the first link rsteward posted. http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/freewareweb.com

scancode:
But... dimming the screen wouldn't cause burn in? I think it will (but it will be less than a full-brightness image)... Think on how the TV station logos, which are usually alphablended (75%?) do get burnt into LCD/Plasma TVs

michaewlewis:
I thought about that..... and I don't think it will.
I'm thinking (hoping) that even subtle changes on LCDs are enough to keep them from getting burned in. I'm hoping that having a white line get replaced by a gray line would refresh the pixels on the screen just enough to keep it from getting stuck.
Unfortunately, to find out, the test takes a long time to run. It usually takes 3-6 months before you see any real effect.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version