ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. for 99 cents

(1/2) > >>

CWuestefeld:
Good sale until Tuesday morning from Games For Windows. Get "S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl" for $0.99. The deal is here: http://www.gamesforwindows.com/en-US/stalker/

It's a 3-year-old game, but at the time it got pretty good reviews, scoring around 8+ out of 10. Reviews here and here.

skwire:
Hard to argue with $0.99...I grabbed it.  Thanks for the heads up.

Deozaan:
Hard to argue with $0.99...I grabbed it.  Thanks for the heads up.
-skwire (December 06, 2010, 03:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ditto. :Thmbsup:

4wd:
<rant mode=no where near Renegades' efforts>

I would have grabbed it except for Microsoft's $#^@$% up website.    :mad:

For some reason I had to go through the LiveID signup twice, entering the exact same information before it would acknowledge it and send the verification email.
Then when I've verified myself, I click on the link to buy the game and proceed to checkout - only to be told I should sign up for XBOX Live, even though I'm trying to log in with my newly acquired LiveID - and indeed have not logged out from when I verified myself.
When I try to log in it tells me there is a problem with logging me out!

Cleared the caches, run CCleaner, try IE on both the PC and in a VM - same sh!t.  Clear everything again, reboot and try for one last time.

An hour after I started this fiasco it finally acknowledges that I can log in, so off I go to the checkout to pay for it........only to find their #%$@&^%@%^ website now doesn't like the country I'm in!  ie. Marketplace doesn't like Australia even though it's in the list of countries that can use the download client.

How F***ING hard would it have been to announce it's not available for download in my country right on the F***ING first web page?

I really, really hope that someone drops a tactical nuke on Redmond - collateral damage be damned!
</rant>

lanux128:
i'm with 4wd here, GfWL sucks b*ll so hard! i can't buy anything from the Marketplace because i'm not in one of the countries that GfWL supports.. lol, what a joke..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version