ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Good video conversion app?

(1/2) > >>

zridling:
Anyone using a good video conversion app they'd recommend? I've been using VIDEOzilla which has worked well and fast for me, but am wondering what else is out there that others find useful.

tenseiken:
To and from what formats?  VirtualDub(Mod) is pretty good...

mouser:
i'm fond of EO video converter for converting realmedia files to other formats.

http://www.eo-video.com/overview.htm

Scott:
I was looking for a video-conversion utility not too long ago, and tried several.  The one I decided on was (stupidly-named) River Past Video Cleaner.  It seemed to have very good format support for the price range, and its interface was bearable to me (most others were pretty awful in that regard).

This was a few months ago though; River Past has revamped the "Video Cleaner" product since then, and has also broken it up into several versions.  I never did register Video Cleaner.

There are a lot of options in this software genre.  And I hasten to point out that it's not where I have the slightest bit of experience or expertise.  Someone I know who does a lot of heavy-duty conversion work uses ProCoder.  I don't have a link for it, since when I looked it up originally, the price tag started giving me cardiac arrest.

mouser:
i agree with scott's comments about user interface.
most of the video conversion apps have a horrible user interface - river past's is nice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version