topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 2:33 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: N A N Y 2011 Pledge - Partial Download  (Read 4210 times)

anandcoral

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Free Portable Apps
    • Donate to Member
N A N Y 2011 Pledge - Partial Download
« on: December 24, 2010, 12:21 PM »
Christmas Surprise!

You see I needed an application to "partial download" a file, specially large movie file, from a given url.

Reason: This is a season of wishing each other and sending some thing to smile big or small. My mail group and individual friends send me sometimes movie file, which contains, say a funny situation of a couple on gift purchase. I do smile after watching it. So far so good. Now the problem is, another of my friend sends me the same movie but in different name and he writes only "Enjoy!". This file happens to be 84MB!! Just imagine my face after downloading on paid connection, I find the same movie, albeit in better and bigger resolution, but same.

So I need to download the first few bytes, say 1MB, of the same and check it in GOM Player. If I have watched it earlier or if it is not of my liking, I will not download it.

I searched and could not find any file down-loader which I can tell to download just 1MB or so of the file. If I cancel a download in middle, the file gets deleted. Forget about using it as background job.

Solution: I made one, yesterday.

This application is both and money and time saver for me now, but may not be useful for others, so please advise me if I should pledge it here?

Merry Christmas.

Anand

timns

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: N A N Y 2011 Pledge - Partial Download
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2010, 12:31 PM »
Yes please - I think I would find that useful myself.

anandcoral

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Free Portable Apps
    • Donate to Member
Re: N A N Y 2011 Pledge - Partial Download
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 02:02 AM »
Thanks timns. I have released the final exe. Please check the "Release" thread/message.

Regards,

Anand