ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Can't install - "not a valid Win32 application" message

(1/2) > >>

alches:
Hi everyone,

I have just downloaded Screeshot Captor and was very keen to try it out as it appears to do exactly (and more) than what I want, but I cannot install it. Whether I just Open or 'Run as Administrator', I get a message to say that it is "not a valid Win32 application" and I get no further.

I am using Windows 7 Home Premium (32bit), Core i7 processor, 4GB RAM, 1GIG Nvidia video card.

Any suggestions?

Allan

mouser:
Welcome to the site Allan.

That vexing and confusing error happens when, believe it or not, the download did not complete.
To exacerbate the trickiness, often when you get that message your normal web browser will refuse to redownload the file and serve up the same partially downloaded file when you retry to download.

The surefire easiest fix is to use a different web browser and redownload the program.  So if you normally use firefox, try google chrome or vice versa, etc.

alches:
Thanks for that, I will give it a go.
It did seem to download rather quickly so it likely is the problem.

Allan

alches:
Well I looked at the file that was dowloaded the first time - 73KB only! I tried the download again using IE, since I did not have any other browser installed, and this time got 56KB!  I then used IE on another PC, (quicker than downloading and installing Firefox or Chrome etc) and it downloaded the full program.

Thanks again - I am now looking forward to trying it out.

Allan

mouser:
glad to hear that solved it.. wish i knew why the problem happens to people in the first place.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version