ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

5 New Favorite Sites

(1/2) > >>

zridling:

It's the end of 2010 and it's time each of you to share your favorite new sites you've been reading lately. I'm constantly updating my "start page" and if you have time to read when standing in line, waiting on a meeting/flight, etc., here are five I've been surprised by:

* Give Me Something To Read -- The best from Instapaper, which was designed as an iPad app, but works as a standalone page. Install a little java bookmark, and anything you want to “Read Later” gets saved to your instapaper page (and synched to your iPad).  You can create folders for different groupings of stuff. It's a simple, single-purpose page, but it works well.
* Longreads -- What the name suggests: Longer form journalism, magazine stories, and interviews (1500 words+).
* zunguzungu -- From California to Tanzania, here's an excellent blog about how small the world is, and no matter where you are, you're affected. Politics, literature, film, nothing is exempt.
* Five Books -- Five Books interviews a leading expert each day, and asks them to recommend -- you guessed it -- five books on their area of expertise. Another simple idea, well executed.
* Fake Name Generator -- When you need to not give your real name and detailed info about yourself. Gender and country appropriate!

Lutz_:
A blog with rational and scientific literature based healthy lifestyle recommendations, which is also a fascinating read:
WholeHealthSource

zridling:
Lutz, that's exactly the blog I need -- an author who explains the research! His explanation of why the Twinkie Diet worked is true to my "Ding Dong Diet" experience I conducted from 2007-2009. Too bad (for me) that the price of fresh/healthy foods are prohibitive.

phitsc:
One of my new favourites is the new Qt extended (formerly Qtopia) web site. Perfect for when you want to do some web surfing, but haven't got much time. Induces kind of a positive feeling too. And here it is:

http://www.qtextended.org/

tomos:
enjoyed especially the Five Books site from Zaine's list

A blog with rational and scientific literature based healthy lifestyle recommendations, which is also a fascinating read:
WholeHealthSource
-Lutz_ (December 03, 2010, 12:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

wow, that is a really great and interesting read -
seems to be totally objective and scientific; a great find :Thmbsup:
( I havent gotten to the twinkie diet yet :) )

@ phitsc: lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version