Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site April 17, 2014, 01:44:01 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2012! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Baby Cody arrives in Berlin, Germany  (Read 9127 times)
housetier
Charter Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: December 02, 2010, 04:57:36 PM »

Cody has arrived!

At least that's who I assume to be in the package, because customs was kind enough to show what's inside:

Baby Cody was VERY eager to finally get out, after having endured such a long time in the envelope, being tossed this way and that, stamped, shipped, lugged, hurled; everybody would try to get out! So he poked through the envelope:

A little later he was almost free:

housetier
Charter Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 05:06:40 PM »

Since Baby Cody isn't shy (very much unlike me) he introduced himself and proudly presented himself:

I barely had time to take this snapshot before I saw my library and immediately flew over to inspect what I have there. It's good to see he has a similar taste Wink

housetier
Charter Honorary Member

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2010, 05:13:20 PM »

After talking about each other's favorite authors and genres I showed him my desk. Alas, I shouldn't have!

No sooner did he see my technical books that he immediately started arranging them all neatly, mumbling about "what a mess" and the like:

Because the journey was so long and stressful, and because he already had to do so much work shortly after being freed he relaxed a little on my couch.

I will take him to work tomorrow and show him snowy Berlin on the way. On the weekend we will visit c-base. And I hope I can arrange a helicopter flight or a jet plane flight for Baby Cody. And I have a suprise for him as well, but I won't tell yet! Wink
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2010, 05:19:46 PM »

i see baby cody got his medal for visiting the military with Josh, and has some kind of tracking ankle bracelet now too..
app103
That scary taskbar girl
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2010, 02:14:57 AM »

and has some kind of tracking ankle bracelet now too..

That's the $1 bill he stole from Ehtyar.

nudone
Cody's Creator
Columnist

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2010, 02:30:49 AM »

good to see BC is still alive (i did wonder). i hope he has a great time with you, housetier... i like the tiny sofa, you made BC feel right at home with that.
Josh
Charter Honorary Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2011, 08:56:52 PM »

What is the serial number on the $1 bill?

Strength in Knowledge
app103
That scary taskbar girl
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2011, 05:00:46 AM »

What is the serial number on the $1 bill?

You can't see it with the way it's folded.

fenixproductions
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2011, 06:23:48 AM »

Darn! I would like to invite Cody to Poland (so close) but I am too affraid that he will vanish in the dark void of Polish Mail Sad

Надо было учиться, а не камни в школу бросать...
--
f0dder is my personal hero smiley
housetier
Charter Honorary Member

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2011, 07:30:26 AM »

Just to give an update:

Baby Cody is *still* at the tailor's to get his vest made... I am a little disappointed it takes that long. He has good company though: the tailor has two cuddly und curious cats at home, so he won't be lonely.

I wish, however, we could get him on (under?) the quadrocopter already to fligh about c-base!

I'll update as soon as I see him again.
housetier
Charter Honorary Member

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2011, 08:25:18 AM »

Baby Cody now has a vest! Finally!

The tailor also said she is going to embroider a simplified c-base logo on the vest. But for now, here is how he currently looks:

After the logo is done, I'll pick him up and then we can go on all the adventures I have planned!
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2011, 08:28:32 AM »

hahahahaha  Grin
nice. that suits him quite well!
and also now he doesn't have to pin his medal to his fur!
 Thmbsup Thmbsup Thmbsup
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 08:30:34 AM by mouser » Logged
tomos
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2011, 08:57:46 AM »

looks like a bird of the sea now:
Admiral Von Cody smiley

Tom
Carol Haynes
Waffles for England (patent pending)
Global Moderator

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2011, 09:05:20 AM »

Brilliant - lovely to see the little chap back in the limelight Wink

Hogan says hello to his little chum!

Where abouts is he in Germany? I can add his location to the Plarker map of his journeys. (Just added Bagram see http://plarker.com/map/BabyCody).

Josh
Charter Honorary Member

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2011, 09:15:07 AM »

Add Fort Meade, Maryland to the Map smiley He visited there as well

Strength in Knowledge
Josh
Charter Honorary Member

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2011, 09:16:20 AM »

Also, house, can you grab the serial number on the dollar bill and post it here?

http://www.ischool.utexas...s/mixednumbers/money.html

It's the letters/numbers mentioned in the bottom right of this photo. The series, bank code, sequence number and sequence code.

Strength in Knowledge
cranioscopical
Friend of the Site
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2011, 09:19:40 AM »

looks like a bird of the sea now:
Admiral Von Cody smiley

Our very own naval aviator!

Chris
Carol Haynes
Global Moderator

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2011, 10:08:31 AM »

Add Fort Meade, Maryland to the Map smiley He visited there as well

Done (but without a picture - do you have one?)

app103
That scary taskbar girl
Global Moderator

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2011, 09:22:02 PM »

Also, house, can you grab the serial number on the dollar bill and post it here?

http://www.ischool.utexas...s/mixednumbers/money.html

It's the letters/numbers mentioned in the bottom right of this photo. The series, bank code, sequence number and sequence code.

He would have to disassemble my origami to do that, and it might not be that easy to put back together.

Josh
Charter Honorary Member

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2011, 09:24:23 PM »

House is a coder, he can do it!

Strength in Knowledge
housetier
Charter Honorary Member

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2011, 02:33:45 PM »

Where abouts is he in Germany?

Just about here: http://www.openstreetmap....&zoom=18&layers=M
or here: http://maps.google.com/ma....002739,0.006958&z=18

Carol Haynes
Global Moderator

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2011, 02:57:34 PM »

OK Housetier now added to the map: check it out at http://plarker.com/map/BabyCody

Stephen66515
Animated Giffer in Chief
Honorary Member

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2011, 04:14:31 PM »

@housetier Do you think there is any chance of getting BC sent to the UK so hes here on Jan 28th?  cheesy

No trees were harmed during the creation of this message.  Millions of electrons, however, were terribly inconvenienced

"Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the things you can think up if only you try!" - Dr. Seuss
Carol Haynes
Global Moderator

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2011, 04:32:13 PM »

There is a booking system in the Baby Cody area - there are other people who requested BC a long time ago and he has already been the the UK.

See stick topics at http://www.donationcoder....rum/index.php?board=283.0

Can I suggest you start a new UK visit thread and post a request there (United Kingdom Visit 2 or similar) and let me know so that I can make that thread sticky too.

While he is in Germany gjehle expressed an interest in a visit to Stuttgart, perhaps when he has finished his travels in Berlin he should go there next.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 04:35:55 PM by Carol Haynes » Logged

housetier
Charter Honorary Member

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2011, 05:09:14 PM »

I had planned to hand over Baby Cody on NYE when gjehle was here in Berlin, but he was still at the tailor's then.

So next he'll go to Stuttgart then, and from there on I don't know. I'll pack some typical German stuff with Baby Cody and maybe gjehle will do the same, so the next foreign recipient has some compensation for the long wait.
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.073s | Server load: 0.02 ]