ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Fastest Audio Converter

<< < (5/10) > >>

Curt:
CUDA hast nothing to do with hand-held devices. It's a a parallel computing architecture developed by NVIDIA that let programs (developed with a special api) use the graphics processing units (GPUs) to work faster. -MrZebulon (December 04, 2010, 01:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

thanks for correcting me  :up:  How will it respond if the pc doesn't have nVidia Cuda?

Curt:
I was confused by Hank saying that MediaCoder was very slow. It must have been the settings that were "wrong". 15 seconds to convert ("transcode") a normal 5 minutes song, from wma to mp3, is not slow at all:

click to enlarge, to see the settings:

Fastest Audio Converter

HankFriedman:
Dear Curt,

Your numbers are correct, but I'm converting files much larger than that, and Mediacoder takes 3 minutes or more for each, compared to one minute for the Free Audio Converter 7.1.5 which has the unfortunate Relevant Knowledge "spyware" included with it.

Curt:
I'm keeping my point of view.

114 MB in 35 seconds:

270 MB in 80 seconds:

Curt:
The previous transcoding examples were converted into MP3 CBR mode. MP3 VBR mode is even faster:

From a single ½ GigaBytes, 78 minutes long 44.100 WMA Lossless (1192 kbps) file into 22.050 MP3 VBR 64 81 kbps: 112 seconds!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version