ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Outpost Security Suite Free

(1/2) > >>

Curt:
Agnitum’s new Outpost Security Suite Free combines anti-virus, anti-spyware, anti-spam, and firewall components into one sweet, free package-Ashraf from dottech
--- End quote ---

click to enlarge:

Outpost Security Suite Free
Many people were extremely disappointed when Agnitum stopped supporting Outpost Firewall Free, especially considering Outpost firewall is dotTech recommended. Well, friends, worry no longer. Last week Agnitum released Outpost Security Suite Free, the freeware version of Outpost Security Suite Pro.

Previously Outpost Firewall Free provided users with top-notch firewall services. Outpost Security Suite Free takes those top-notch firewall services and combines them with anti-virus, anti-spyware, and anti-spam features into one program.-Ashraf from dottech
--- End quote ---
http://dottech.org/freeware-reviews/18593

Outpost Security Suite Free homepage  :up:

Renegade:
Hmmm... How is it? I think I'm mostly interested in the anti-spam. I've not had time to wrestle with Spamassassin yet... :(

Curt:
I already have the PRO suite, so I have no intention of trying the free version.

Renegade:
Well, that tells me enough to know that you think enough of the product to use the pro version.

Has anyone else tried the free version?

4wd:
I also use OSS Pro, (I am really glad I got their deal 2 years ago - lifetime updates for 3 computers :D ), so no need for me to be installing the free version at home.

But as I visit the relatives whose computers I'm the defacto technician on, then the strange mixes of ZA, Avast!, Avira and AVG will quietly be replaced - it will be so much easier when they ring up and ask a question about, "Got this requester from Outpost, what does it mean?"

Rather than, "Got this requester from [ZA|Avast!|AVG|<insert other firewall/anti-something>], what does it mean?" or "How do I do <insert operation> in ZA?"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version