topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 7:36 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: x64 DVD Decrypter Needed  (Read 2976 times)

Stoic Joker

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
x64 DVD Decrypter Needed
« on: November 30, 2010, 06:21 PM »
So I've got a client that wants to make backup copies of some exercise videos.

My intention was for them to use DVD43 & ImgBurn as the combo has proven to be quick & idiot simple in the past (Coworker used it to backup large video collection). But! I hadn't realized DVD43 doesn't work/run on 64-bit OSs ... I'm not really much on the whole multi-media stuff...So it's a bit of a blind spot... :)

Anyhow does anyone know of something simple/reliable that works along the lines of DVD43? It's just shows a happy face icon in the notification area that either smiles or turns green (with red eyes) depending on whether or not it can decrypt the disk for coping.

I know DVD43 has an x64 plug-in that (is supposed to) works with some burning applications but I wanted to stick with ImgBurn due to its simplicity ... and freeware is a requirement for this project.

TIA
Stoic Joker

mwb1100

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: x64 DVD Decrypter Needed
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 07:20 PM »
I haven't used this, so you'll need to verify if it'll do what you want, but it seems like this tool might be an option:

http://www.dvdfab.com/hd-decrypter.htm

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: x64 DVD Decrypter Needed
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 08:00 PM »
This is about as simple as it gets:

http://www.videohelp...tools/DVDFab_Passkey

It's been showing various beta versions for months. If that's any indication, it should stay "free" for quite awhile.

It sits in the tray.  Insert a disc. It will ask you the region code.  Then open Explorer for the optical disc and just drag & drop the whole shootin' match to a folder on your HD.

It also has some settings similar to DVDFab .. what you want removed etc..

Once you have VIDEO_TS on HD use Imgburn as usual.

I have Vista64 and didn't notice any problem using it.  The only annoying thing is by default, it's set to start with Windows and be active all the time. Just right click on Tray Icon to change settings.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 08:03 PM by MilesAhead »