topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 8:56 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: I have a problem buying software abroad  (Read 4828 times)

PitrPaulus

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
I have a problem buying software abroad
« on: November 28, 2010, 10:04 AM »
Good day,
I want to buy the program:

The Print Shop 23.1 Deluxe, The Complete & Easy Way to Create Impressive Print Projects

http://www.broderbun...shop-231-deluxe.aspx

It's a CD (or maybe 2) containing everything i need to make nice greeting cards etc. (i already use an older version; and it works great for me).

I have version 23.0 but now they have version 23.1, that is now compatible with Windows 7.

I want to start using Windows 7 shortly (i have the software) but definitely want to buy this copy of The Print Shop, to make the program compatible with W7.

BUT: they do not sell it outside the US of Canada. I tried several times at Broderbund software, but they do not want to sent it to my country, Holland.
They told me that.

I looked at Amazon.com, Amazon.UK, i looked everwere but nobody has this specific copy 23.1.

Broderbund software confirmed me that the only way to get this software is to ask somebody in the US to buy it for me ...... !! Nobody else seems to sell this copy, 23.1

Good gracious ....... what a shame.

But now i see that the price is very very low (DVD in Sleeve - Windows -  $49.99
 On Sale For $12.99 !!!!!!)  i want to ask ... (and in have no experience with this):

It there anybody in te US who can help me with this????

Anybody who will order this software on his/her adress in the US, put this in a 'envelope', and that i first pay the money, including all extra fees for shipping it to my home?

This will be a kind of 'trusting each other'.  Well, i can always try.

Well, i will wait for an answer and see what to do than.

Thanks for reading, Greetings, Pitrpaulus from The Netherlands (Holland).

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
Re: I have a problem buying software abroad
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 10:10 AM »
Sigh... I know the feeling there. Sadly, I cannot help, but I do sympathize. Been there many times for various reasons -- unable to buy... ;(
Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker

KynloStephen66515

• Animated Giffer in Chief
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010, 01:28 PM »
I wonder if its possible to setup a post office box in the USA, and have all your mail forwarded to Holland (or any other country) - Might be the safest route, and possibly the simplest.

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2010, 03:36 PM »
I wonder if its possible to setup a post office box in the USA, and have all your mail forwarded to Holland (or any other country) - Might be the safest route, and possibly the simplest.

And probably fetch the Feds down on you in a heartbeat since it would be a dynamite way to play all sorts of games.

Besides, even if it would be legal to do that (doubtful), they wouldn't like it too much. And they have their ways of creating problems, even for legal activities, if they don't like them.

You also have customs declarations to fill out when shipping anything that can be considered a product. Even if it's just a gift. If you don't, there's a very good likelihood your shipment will get seized by Dutch Customs when it enters the Netherlands. And that's assuming it actually makes it out of the USA first.

There's all sorts of crazy regulations, trade agreements, treaties, and licensing issues surrounding international software sales.

Better find out what's allowed before trying something "simple." ;D
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 03:46 PM by 40hz »

Bamse

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2010, 04:15 PM »
Have you seen this about W7 compatibility Installing Print Shop 23 & 23.1 on Window 7 Does not seem to be a major problem on neither 32bit or 64bit.  
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 04:17 PM by Bamse »

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2010, 06:52 PM »

There's all sorts of crazy regulations, trade agreements, treaties, and licensing issues surrounding international software sales.

There are commercial services that provide the means to do it already, (MyUS is one example - although forwarding postage is a little steep), here in Australia we have Price USA, (more reasonable, %5 + at cost postage), who I believe, will also ship to other countries.

I believe the number one reason for companies not shipping outside of the USA, (or North America), is credit card fraud rather than regulations/agreements.

erikts

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2010, 05:04 AM »
Read also an article about Mail Forwarding Service [thechicfashionista.com]