ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Date/Time and Battery Status Bar

<< < (3/6) > >>

app103:
One of the apps I can't live without is a tiny, always on top clock that I made. (Despite having a desktop PC with a large widescreen monitor, I still like my taskbar hidden)

Size & colors can be user configured and you can position it anywhere you want. You are not restricted to which part of the screen to place it on...only restricted to not being able to move it off the screen of your main display (not entirely multi-monitor friendly)

http://appsapps.info/dclock2.php

rsatrioadi:
@worstje

Nice little program!  :Thmbsup:
However I cannot run the program on my Windows 7 32-bit netbook. (I have installed the redistributable package.) I tried it in Windows Vista 32-bit (my work computer) and it worked, but after several minutes it also went crashed. Here's the error I got in Windows 7:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   Teensymon.exe
  Application Version:   0.3.0.0
  Application Timestamp:   4cefe689
  Fault Module Name:   Teensymon.exe
  Fault Module Version:   0.3.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:   4cefe689
  Exception Code:   c0000094
  Exception Offset:   000013ce
  OS Version:   6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
  Locale ID:   1057
  Additional Information 1:   0a9e
  Additional Information 2:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:   0a9e
  Additional Information 4:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

--- End quote ---

What seems to be the problem?

Anyway, about the date format -- where I live, we usually use DD-MM-YYYY format, while the rest of the world seems to be using MM-DD-YYYY format. This has led to many case of confusion when using all-digit date format. That's why I prefer to display the month's name. But perhaps shorter words (e.g. Sat, Nov 27, 2010) is better to save space. Would you do that?  ;)

Oh, and I love the anti-features, Exactly what I need!  :Thmbsup:

Thanks,
- Satrio -

worstje:
Hrm, that's weird. A crash?

I've had it running on my 32-bit XP laptop for several hours, and on my desktop (without the battery info, obviously) as well. I'll dive into the issue and see what I can do to fix it.

And yeah - sometimes less choice is more choice. That's how the Apple-fanatics reason, right? xD

rsatrioadi:
@lanux12

I have tried WinBar, it's nice and more friendly than StatBar, but still not exactly what I need :)

@skwire & app103

Power Meter + app's DClock 2 look like what I need but the Power Meter wastes too much space :(

@worstje

BTW for my main work station I actually prefer more choices, but for a netbook the simpler the better ;)

cmpm:
here is some battery care programs
configurable to save battery life in battery mode

http://batterycare.bkspot.com/en/download.html

http://www.powerplan7.com/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version