ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Cute jokes thread

<< < (38/45) > >>

Deozaan:
Patient: "Doctor, I was trying to say that I am a lifeguard..."
-Giampy (June 03, 2013, 11:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

I don't get it. :huh:

Curt:
the lifeguard was in advance already fulfilling every one of the doctor's recommendations, but that made him sick ~ the cure already made him the patient.

Not overwhelmingly funny, but quite cute.  :up:

Giampy:
I don't get it. :huh:
-Deozaan (January 21, 2014, 01:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

I hope the word "lifeguard" is just what I meant: a person who works all summer long on the beach of the sea to rescue people in difficult while they swim.
Therefore that patient already spends his whole summer in a marine place.

The main point of that joke is the arrogance of the doctor and his useless therapy.

Deozaan:
the lifeguard was in advance already fulfilling every one of the doctor's recommendations, but that made him sick ~ the cure already made him the patient.
-Curt (January 21, 2014, 02:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm not sure where you got that from. What about being a lifeguard would cause bronchitis? Without the context of what caused the ailment, or without hearing the rest of the doctor's recommendation for the cure, how were we supposed to know that? Maybe he was supposed to spend his summer in a "marine place" but not actually get in the water.

The main point of that joke is the arrogance of the doctor and his useless therapy.-Giampy (January 21, 2014, 07:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

To me it sounds the patient was indeed very rude and arrogant. The doctor asked nicely if he could finish, but the patient kept interrupting him before he could finish his instructions.

TaoPhoenix:
The main point of that joke is the arrogance of the doctor and his useless therapy.-Giampy (January 21, 2014, 07:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

To me it sounds the patient was indeed very rude and arrogant. The doctor asked nicely if he could finish, but the patient kept interrupting him before he could finish his instructions.
-Deozaan (January 21, 2014, 07:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

I dunno, speaking from a bit of a new perspective, this goes both ways, hence the subtle joke of it all. The Doctor was peeling off his "standard speech", but the moderately informed patient had an "edge case", and was trying to inform the Doctor to get to the Next Level of care.

I do tax prep this year. I have a lot of these kinds of standard speeches. But if a client tries to tell me that they "already tried to file their taxes and gave up", or something, then they don't need the basic speeches, they need me to figure out whatever they got stuck on. Easy examples are LGBTQ marriages or Performing Artists, or multi state returns. I say straight up "Okay, I've never seen a Maryland return but you have one, so I will look at it a few days with my boss before it goes out."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version