ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Cute jokes thread

<< < (7/45) > >>

Renegade:
(also +1 on Calvin & Hobbs. Easily my all time favorite strip.)
-40hz (December 28, 2010, 10:52 AM)
--- End quote ---
Oh yeah.  I used to be obsessed with Calvin and Hobbes.  What a treasure.  I still very fondly remember in 4th grade my dad driving me at night to the bookstore to buy me Something Under the Bed Is Drooling that had just come out and I couldn't wait any longer to get it.  Did you ever get the complete set with the hardcovers and case?  I did, it's awesome.  I need to get the Far Side one also.
-superboyac (December 28, 2010, 03:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

+1!

Calvin and Hobbes was the most intelligent, clever comic ever.

It's a shame that he stopped writing it.

Now we're stuck with Cathy and Broomhilda... Sigh...

Has anyone ever read a funny Cathy comic? (Well, not been totally high and read a Cathy comic that was funny. Being high just makes everything funny, even Cathy.)

40hz:

Has anyone ever read a funny Cathy comic? (Well, not been totally high and read a Cathy comic that was funny. Being high just makes everything funny, even Cathy.)

-Renegade (December 30, 2010, 07:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, but it was a very long time ago.

Like back in the late 70's, when Cathy was a "smart but confused" single woman just starting to make her way in the world. The passing years brought on new jobs, new responsibilities, marriage, and middle-age angst, which all combined to make her a more complex albeit less amusing character than she once was.

Much like what happened to so many of us. :-[

But no matter. It's over. Like many other successful cartoonists, Ms. Guisewite has announced she's retiring both herself and her lookalike.

Curt:
one of a million Jewish jokes that I like:

Curt:
not even a joke, but a real life story (It's important to read ALL of the story!):

mouser:
hahaahahahahahaa love it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version