ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

KewlAid.net - Posted

<< < (3/4) > >>

Darwin:
Looking forward to it!

I agree with you about Apple's polish: I've said it before, they make absolutely gorgeous - both in the aesthetic and the overall heft/quality sense - stuff.

I pre-ordered an Archos 43 IT for myself (she-who-must-be-obeyed doesn't know; I am living DANGEROUSLY) and I'm keen to compare it to the iPod Touch... Might just be able to generate some material for the kewlaid site at that point. For now, my iBook running Tiger is gathering dust. Even if I were using it, it's so out of date it wouldn't be fair to start lambasting Apple for it (ie hardware is from 2001 and OS from 2005).

Renegade:
Even if I were using it, it's so out of date it wouldn't be fair to start lambasting Apple for it (ie hardware is from 2001 and OS from 2005).
-Darwin (November 28, 2010, 10:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

Fair? That's got nothing to do with it. :D If it's fanboy bait, it's game. If it's humorous, it's game. If you find it fun, it's game. We don't need to be all serious. My first few posts there are pretty crappy (short on time, so I just put them up rather than worry -- done is better than perfect and not done).

:D

Those that wish to post, please let me know in a PM with your Wordpress email address so I can add you to the authors list. :) ;)

Darwin:
Heh, heh - I was pretty sure that that was the policy  ;D However, actually using the iBook is too painful to bother. The missing point from my previous post is that it was ill-advised to try to shoehorn Tiger onto it so it's pretty much useless. I maxed out the RAM and dropped in a much larger 5400 rpm HD but it's still a pig.

Stoic Joker:
I've got OS9 shoehorned into an antique PowerPC PowerCenter 150 (designed for OS7) and it works perfectly for what I wanted it to do ... It's been holding my office door still for over 5 years now...

:D

mouser:
hey when did Renegade and Stoic Joker start blogging together on the same site?!?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version