ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Antialiasing options only global?

(1/1)

xcopy:
Under "Settings" > "Drawing Objects Options" there are those Antialiasing Object Options which smooth objects to avoid harsh edges.

There's often the case you want to explain people with a screenshot how to do things so there may be cursors involved and some other objects.

Problem is: All objects look better when Antialiasing is turned on except for the cursors which look unnatural and not like on screen; they look better with AA turned off:

But there's only a global setting so I either have blurry cursors or hard edges on other objects. Is there a way to enable/disable AA for single objects?

mouser:
i don't think i can turn it on only for certain objects but i will check.

xcopy:
Thanks for investigating.

Maybe this could work if antialiasing is optionally applied when an object is inserted?
That would mean that this object gets rendered in the moment of inserting. With that beeing an option in the clipart pane one could leave the main antialiasing options in the preferences turned off and decide from case to case if AA should be applied. And for users who don't need that this extra option could constantly keep turned off and the main AA options are on.

No idea if that makes sense from a programmer's view :) I'm just brainstorming.

xcopy:
Did you have the time to look into this?
I used to have antialiasing turned on but found that this also makes 1px-small lines look like they had a shadow-effect:

mouser:
It's not a bad idea.. just introduces some complexity into the user interface and keeping track of objects..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version