ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

My Canon IP5000 inkjet is dead :( What now?

<< < (4/5) > >>

cranioscopical:
FWIW I am now using a Canon XM850 all in one (including fax, sheet feed printing and CD printing) and it is fantastic. I think it has been discontinued but there is an MX860 (I think) that replaced it. If you don't need fax or CD printing try the Pixma MP560 - fantastic, good quality, wireless all-in-one printer.
-Carol Haynes (November 24, 2010, 09:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

Really, printing on CD?
I have an MX850 and neither it nor the 860 prints on CDs (here, in Canada)

Carol Haynes:
Blame the Hollywood mafia - in the UK/Europe lots of Canon printers are shipped with CD trays but I believe in North America most models have had CD printing removed as a feature to placate the movie and music industries who claim that printing a CD will cause: rapid global climate change, the end of the world by video piracy causing tsunamis, death to thousands as terrorist bombs go off everywhere, massive outbreaks of piracy of the Baja peninsular (and around Manhattan), a world war and strikes from extraterrestrials who want to pirate I Love Lucy DVDs to Andromeda etc.

Do I exaggerate - not a lot judging by some of the ridiculous copyright notices we get bombarded with on DVDs!

cranioscopical:
Do I exaggerate - not a lot judging by some of the ridiculous copyright notices we get bombarded with on DVDs!
-Carol Haynes (November 25, 2010, 03:13 AM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks.
The only half-decent, CD-printing wireless all in one I've seen here recently is from Epson (Artisan 8xx). I'm leery of Epson, having had two, quite expensive models start flinging ink around like 19th-century schoolboys on a rampage.

40hz:
+1 w/cranioscopical regarding Epson. They are the hardware embodiment of "the little girl, with the little curl, right in the middle of her forehead" AFAIC.

I have sooooooo wanted to like Epson printers. So much that I purchased two (and spec'ed a few for clients) over the years.

All started out working great. All turned into 'bad dates' a little while later. Usually shortly after they reached "out of warranty" status.  :mad:

All the reviews I read sing Epson's praises so maybe I'm just unlucky.

But I don't think so...

Carol Haynes:
You could always import an EU machine if CD printing is important - not sure whether they are universal voltage or not though. I'd guess they are likely to be since sealing up the CD tray slot and not including a tray and the software is a trivial modification whereas a whole different power system ... who knows though.

Trouble with importing is the additional cost of import taxes - plus the inflated prices we suffer on this side of the pond.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version