ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Release: JottiQ

<< < (13/40) > >>

worstje:
i still dont like the fact that the menu is not going to be fully visible for people without big screens.
changing some of the menu icons+labels to just small icons would fix.
or as i suggested earlier moving the per-item ones to bottom.
-mouser (December 27, 2010, 12:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

After christmas, I intend to focus on the UI and texts and such that I asked peoples opinions on before. I just haven't gotten around to incorporating those details yet. :)
-worstje (December 25, 2010, 02:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

also, i think a right-click for an item and choosing "perform a google search for this filename" would also be nice.
-mouser (December 27, 2010, 12:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'll give it a long hard thought. I like the idea - just not sure I like the implied consequences. Why google, why not bing? Make it configurable? Why not add multiple search engines? Why not directly index into some virus/security related sites?

Maybe I am overthinking it, but as you write above: the UI isn't fully visible atm, and I need to remove some labels and re-organize as it is. If I add features, I have to wonder about more things. And drastic UI changes aren't up for grabs simply due to the deadline at this point, so I am focusing on small and really managable and low-impact stuff right now. The sort of feature that has a cascade of other feature requests following almost as a direct consequence... it's the kind of slippery slope that are all over the streets outside my house already. :D

mouser:
I'll give it a long hard thought. I like the idea - just not sure I like the implied consequences. Why google, why not bing? Make it configurable? Why not add multiple search engines? Why not directly index into some virus/security related sites?
--- End quote ---

any of these solutions would be fine -- no reason to use google. im just suggesting that a common thing someone will want to do is search web for filename and it would be nice to make that easy.

mouser:
Hey i just thought of a really cool request idea:

What about a Specials Menu
With a menu item to: Queue ALL running process files.

That seems like a really cool unique and useful feature.

worstje:
Nice idea. Not sure how to implement it though, as .NET gives such relatively low-tech things little importance, and as might be imagined, I don't have 24/4 to work on it the coming few days. I gotta scramble as-is to get JottiQ ready for its final NANY v1.0.0 release.

Ath:
worstje, to fix number 2 on your Known Issues list, have a look at AppMutex in the fine Inno Setup helpfile. There's also the CheckForMutexes support function, might you want to check it from some Code.
And here is a way to create it in C# (for if you didn't know).

(Edit: had a fight with the Code bbtag)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version