ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Anyone using Nuance's 'Dragon Naturally Speaking' or equivalent?

<< < (3/5) > >>

cranioscopical:
I vaguely remember hearing about that. (And it went in one ear and out the other like so much else does with me these days...)
-40hz (November 23, 2010, 08:55 AM)
--- End quote ---
People used to ask Van Gogh why he knew so much.
His explanationEverything I hear goes in one ear…

40hz:
I vaguely remember hearing about that. (And it went in one ear and out the other like so much else does with me these days...)
-40hz (November 23, 2010, 08:55 AM)
--- End quote ---
People used to ask Van Gogh why he knew so much.
-cranioscopical (November 23, 2010, 01:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hear! Hear!  ;D

(Or in Vincent's case, maybe more like: Hear!)

barney:
Update.

Pundits aside, I just made the order.  Dragon Naturally Speaking Premium 11 Bluetooth.  Took a while to find out just what Bluetooth meant.  Checked the Nuance site -the nicest thing I can say is, "Boy, is that site disorganized!"  Nothing found there, so back to Amazon, found a revue which 'splained the Bluetooth designation means that it includes the Plantronics Calisto bluetooth headset, the combination being significantly less than buying both independently.  Just in case anyone else is interested.

Oh, btw, the revue was by a medical type, if that matters.  He was basically supportive, although did mention a few disadvantages - which made me more inclined to believe his appreciative remarks.  He did mention the VBS/macro capability, which sound more and more attractive, even though I have an intense dislike for macros in general.

cranioscopical:
I just made the order.  Dragon Naturally Speaking Premium 11 Bluetooth-barney
--- End quote ---

Well, this topic finally prompted me to move to 11. So now I can blame you for my being impecunious  :o

barney:
So now I can blame you for my being impecunious
--- End quote ---

Gee, I'm so-o-o-o sorry ... I didn't know impecuniousity was contagious over the Web.  Next time I'll wear a mask  :P.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version