ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

Preparing for a new master DonationCoder server

<< < (6/7) > >>

40hz:
well...mouser is right also.  I don't know...I shouldn't really participate in this, this is not my bag ;D.
-superboyac (December 06, 2010, 10:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

;D That's why I thought I'd better stop talking midway through my ramble. Not my site.

Besides, these guys are more than savvy enough that if they felt using blogs would have been helpful, they would have set them up already. So who am I to say?

:)

mouser:
Besides, these guys are more than savvy enough that if they felt using blogs would have been helpful, they would have set them up already. So who am I to say?
--- End quote ---

lol which guys are we talking about?  i don't presume to know anymore than any of you about what's best -- so keep the suggestions coming!

40hz:
--- End quote ---

lol which guys are we talking about?  
-mouser (December 06, 2010, 12:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

Oh nobody in particular.  Just a few people who built something rather remarkable - and who scored a quarter million registrations and a higher number of forum posts in just five years, assuming Wikipedia is current with their stats.

So no big deal, right? What could they possibly know? Doesn't every website do just as well as this crew? ;D  :Thmbsup:

timns:
We use GoGrid for our servers and they have been rock-solid.

http://www.gogrid.com/

You know it occurs to me that someone at one of these providers should have enough foresight to think that hosting a DC server would be a good way to get a lot of very cheap very good publicity to a highly-targetted audience, and show a bit of support for a very active development community.

mouser:
You know it occurs to me that someone at one of these providers should have enough foresight to think that hosting a DC server would be a good way to get a lot of very cheap very good publicity to a highly-targetted audience, and show a bit of support for a very active development community.
--- End quote ---

it's really true.. if i was better at these things i probably would have secured such a "sponsoring" for DC long ago.. it's one of the rare cases where we would probably be happy to take the sponsored hosting and be proud to let people know about the hosting company that provided it, ASSUMING the hosting was really top quality, and they were willing to make a long time commitment to us.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version