topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 7:22 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Renaming file changes timestamp to present, causing list out of order  (Read 3142 times)

TurboJosh

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
  • Die hard Win32 fan - favorite OS are Win2K & WinXP
    • View Profile
    • PowerTunePlus
    • Donate to Member
In the left hand Screenshot Panel, by default it is Sorted "by Date - Newest at Bottom".

If I rename a file via the Name textbox at the bottom of the screen and then hit CTRL-S, it changes the timestamp of the file to the current time.  Is there a way to avoid this so the timestamp remains original?  When the timestamp changes to new, it puts the screenshot at the bottom of the Screenshot Panel, but for me I have a large number of screenshots and often the timestamp is what keeps related screenshots grouped together.  When I change a filename, now that 1 file is at the bottom, away from the rest of the group taken at the same time.

I guess I'm confused, under what circumstances does ScreenshotCaptor change a shot's timestamp, and when does it preserve the original timestamp?  I wonder if I would have just right-click Renamed the screenshot in the Screenshot Panel, if it would have preserved the timestamp (and therefor, it's original position in my list).

But because of the bug I mentioned in a seperate thread, I was afraid to rename via the Screenshot Panel because the .objects file doesn't get renamed with it.  Mouser had suggested to use the bottom File textbox for renaming, in order to preserve the .objects file, but now I have this timestamp issue.

Thanks for any clarification.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Renaming file changes timestamp to present, causing list out of order
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 06:20 PM »
i think you are not alone, i think DC member Lanux has been on my case about renaming changing the timestamp.
let me look into what i already did about this, AND about the possibility of detecting a right-click rename and renaming object file when that happens.

what i will try to make happen going forward is that a rename won't change file date.