ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Release: UpdateVersion

<< < (3/3)

worstje:
I don't care much either, but the way I see it the information should either be correct or too large. The size of my executable will always be too small to use, so I want to hardcode it. :)

phitsc:
@mouser: Damn, you made a screen-cast of UpdateVersion. How cool is that  :-*. Thanks!

@worstje:
- Concerning verbose output, I'll see how easy that would be to implement.
- Getting rid of FileSize, ShortDescription and LongDescription should be easy: just open your local copy of UpdateVersion.xml and delete the <FileSize>, <ShortDescription> and <LongDescription> elements in the <Type>xml,rootnode,XML_DIZ_INFO</Type> target.

worstje:
Ahh. Shame on me for only watching the screencast - I hadn't even seen there was an entire .xml file with configuration settings and such. Shame on me indeed. :(

It's just nice having the output visible - I always have to go over my preprelease.bat to see if it went allright (Idiotic me tends to test from there at occasion, and then stupid explorer/opera/whatever end up using DLLs which can't be replaced.. afin, you get the idea). The more I can see about stuff being successful, the less worries I'll have and the less problems that suddenly sprout up when users download the final product. :)

mouser:
Agree that it would be nice to report on commandline the values inserted.

phitsc:
Added a switch (-v) for verbose output.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version