ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

iPod - tell me why I should buy one

<< < (9/13) > >>

Target:
Darwin

who's you're retailer, and do they have an online presence?

T

Darwin:
I supect that image is intended to emphasise it's a stereo player...
-Target (November 18, 2010, 05:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

Stereo! Get it? Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa  ;D

Target - the price around here at the moment is $129 CDN. The $89 deal was a few weeks back and I keep wondering if I shouldn't have jumped at it. FWIW the $129 offer is available here. However, it looks to me like you can do better at Amazon.com ($119 US).

MerleOne:
Yup - I can confirm that this is true (I've done it!). My issue is having to have iTuness installed at all. Of course, they could very well have tamed the beast, but when I ran it before it installed several services that I could not get rid of, including an Outlook add-in. Hence my irrational loathing of it.
-Darwin (November 18, 2010, 10:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

BTW, you may disable/re-enable any Office add-in easily with the right Nirsoft tool (www.nirsoft.net).

Shades:
I supect that image is intended to emphasise it's a stereo player...
-Target (November 18, 2010, 05:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

Looks surround to me

Always a good thing to have experienced that once in a while... :P

Darwin:
Yup - I can confirm that this is true (I've done it!). My issue is having to have iTuness installed at all. Of course, they could very well have tamed the beast, but when I ran it before it installed several services that I could not get rid of, including an Outlook add-in. Hence my irrational loathing of it.
-Darwin (November 18, 2010, 10:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

BTW, you may disable/re-enable any Office add-in easily with the right Nirsoft tool (www.nirsoft.net).

-MerleOne (November 19, 2010, 01:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, I've used Nirsoft products in the past -very helpful. Really, however, my iTunes-phobia is possibly out of date. I had it installed a month ago while I played with an iPod Touch and everything seemed fine. I decided to return the Touch and uninstall iTunes before I had a chance to monitor what was installed with iTunes. Certainly, I noticed no performance issues with iTunes installed. My dislike of iTunes stems from running it under XP several years ago and being unable to stop services and remove the Outlook add-in I mentioned above. I did not try any Nirsoft solutions but I tired everything else! Hopefully, iTunes is more considerate these days?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version