ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

[eCommerce Script] TomatoCart - A First Look Review

<< < (2/3) > >>

superboyac:
I've been playing around with tomatocart the last couple of days, and it really is a great piece of software.  It's so nice, I was wondering if it could be used as a basic CMS tool.  Meaning, I could remove all the shopping cart stuff, and simply use its basic article tools.  I think that could work.  We'll see.

But as for an ecommerce website, this is looking like a fantastic tool.  Finally!  Thanks Stephen.

JavaJones:
Surely there are other more appropriate simple CMS tools for basic article-driven websites? Heck even Wordpress might be better...

- Oshyan

superboyac:
Surely there are other more appropriate simple CMS tools for basic article-driven websites? Heck even Wordpress might be better...

- Oshyan
-JavaJones (November 24, 2010, 02:52 PM)
--- End quote ---
I've used Wordpress extensively.  My problem with Wordpress is that it is fundamentally driven by the blog format, which really just means it's governed by chronological order.  It takes a lot to organize your content in any other way other than chronologically.  And I hate that.

JavaJones:
Fair point. But likewise with Tomato you're basically having to work to turn off all the stuff it's fundamentally designed for (e-commerce) so you can take advantage of one small part of it. Instead I'd recommend checking out SilverStripe or Concrete5 for a good, simple, super easy to manage CMS with a lot more flexibility.

- Oshyan

superboyac:
I'll take a look at those.  Ive been meaning to try Silverstripe, anyway.  Thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version