topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 7:26 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Does anyone know this music? The artist?  (Read 3737 times)

CodeTRUCKER

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Does anyone know this music? The artist?
« on: November 16, 2010, 07:53 PM »
The heli is cute, but I really like the music!  Who is it?  Does anyone know?

TIA
CT

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Does anyone know this music? The artist?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 08:38 PM »
Sounds very much like something David Arkenstone would do. Don't think this is one of his since he's a little less "electronic." But if you like that, you might like Dave's work.

Give Oceanus and Stepping Stars a quick listen to get an idea of what Dave sounds like.

:)

nosh

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 11:42 PM »
I didn't get a hit on either Shazam or SoundHound. I like chillout but this one's a little dark for my taste. :)

gdv22

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 02:24 AM »
40hz is right:  it does sound a lot like David Arkenstone... ...I'm having to work from memory here, because I haven't listened to my Arkenstone CDs in 10-15 years, and they're all inaccessible in a distant storage unit right now.  But this particular song seems familiar (...it's a little hard to tell because they're all similar sounding "meandering" instrumental music without strong melody lines, and tend to blur together, at least for me :P).

If it is Arkenstone, I think it's from one of his Narada or Windham Hill releases in the early to mid-1990s, and I'm guessing maybe it's on his Chronicles compilation, or possibly his Convergence compilation with David Lanz.  (But it also might be familiar to me because (per Wikipedia) he's composed several film and video-game scores.)  If it's not him, I still think it might be a Narada or Windham Hill release from the early to mid-90s, but I can't think who the artist would be right now.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 02:41 AM by gdv22 »