ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Settings not being saved

<< < (10/11) > >>

BigBonsai:
I apologize -- it's been a busy month.  Let me upload a debug version of FARR for you today to test -- it will report when and where it is trying to load and save it's settings files and if it thinks it failed -- that should tell us what we need to know.
-mouser (April 01, 2011, 10:11 AM)
--- End quote ---
Now I was gone for a few days. :) Where can I find the debug-version?

BiB

mouser:
Ok try this, it's the exe only: https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/findrun/downloads/beta/FindAndRunRobot.zip

Unpack it over your existing FindAndRunRobot.exe and run it.

It should create a debugout.txt file in your documents \donationcoder\findandunrobot directory or something like that.
I guess what you want to do is run FARR, change a setting, and then exit.
And then check out that debugout.txt file and search for "IN SaveSettings"

BigBonsai:
It should create a debugout.txt file in your documents \donationcoder\findandunrobot directory or something like that.
-mouser (April 08, 2011, 01:13 PM)
--- End quote ---
No, it didn't. BUT it gives me a message now when I want to save. It says:

--- ---Error Failed to move backup from C:\Program Files\FindAndRunRobot\FindAndRunRobot.ini to C:\Program Files\FindAndRunRobot\FindAndRunRobot.ini.bak
Are we getting closer? :)

BiB

mouser:
yes we sure are..
the main question is.. why is it trying to work with a settings file in C:\Program Files\ if you are on Win7.  That is the heart of the problem.

Do you have a configdir.ini file in your C:\Program Files\FindAndRunRobot\ directory? can you paste here the first few lines in that file?

mouser:
And how did it get installed into C:\Program Files\ on windows 7? It should have installed into C:\Program Files (x86)..
It's almost as if it doesn't know its running on Windows 7..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version