ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Settings not being saved

(1/11) > >>

naveed:
Forgive me if this is not the right place to ask this.

I've been a long time user and can't live without FARR. I recently moved to Windows 7 and I notice that FARR is not saving my settings. When I restart FARR or Windows, it reverts to the default settings. I have the latest 2.90.02, which also seems a little odd, because the the version on the web is 2.90.01 in DcUpdater.

mouser:
hmmmm

on win7 it should be trying to save in your DOcuments and Settings\AppData\etc

if you copied over your configdir.ini file to your new directory you might try editing that
make sure its not overriding the config directory, OR try manually setting that to some directory you have write access to.

let me know if that helps!

nitrix-ud:
funny, i had the same problem today...

i overwrited the configdir.ini so that the FARR ini file is saved in the root folder of FARR

when running FARR with administrator rights it seems to work, but if i ask FARR to run with admin rights, it does not launch at startup...

maybe i could run it in portable mode ?

nitrix-ud:
i changed the write access so that the FARR directory is writable by current user
and it seems to work perfectly now  :D

naveed:
I found ConfigDir.ini in "C:\Program Files (x86)\FindAndRunRobot". I opened it and added this line:

CONFIGDIR = c:\configs\farr

Restarted FARR. I saw that it created files and directories in the above directory. I changed the skin. Restarted FARR. It still opens with the default skin. I set the security setting to allow full control for all authenticated users, and restarted FARR, and still the same problem.

I am using Windows 7 x64.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version