ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Release: Cautomaton

<< < (2/10) > >>

cranioscopical:
Cautomaton sounds intriguing… I'm off to try it out  :Thmbsup:

mouser:
Be warned this isnt a tool for everyone and the beta is still a bit rough -- it's not clear how to use it unless you are talking to worstje in a chat window :)

But here's what you would do,

First run it on a file with /a parameter, like:

Cautomaton32.exe /a "C:\Readme.txt"

It will show the popup right click menu, and you should select some item on the menu.

It will then perform the action AND also show you a recommended way to invoke it automatically.

So i my case if i choose to perform an ESET scan on the file i see output:
Recommended Cautomaton parameters: /m "Scan with ESET Smart Security"

So then if i want to simulate that I would run:
Cautomaton32.exe /m "Scan with ESET Smart Security" "C:\Readme.txt"
OR just
Cautomaton32.exe /m "$Scan with ESET" "C:\Readme.txt"

You can see why such a utility would be useful running from batch files, shortcuts, or with a batch processor like D+D Robot.

cranioscopical:
That's very nifty!
Just tried it out using 4NT.
Works well, just have to stick automaton in my path and/or make a command-line alias for cautomaton  ;)

worstje:
List of problems in v0.8.1 / feature requests thus far pointed out to me by mouser:

* Bug: There's no visible error message if it can't find the action. Total oversight on my part. Error code should be > 0 though.
* Bug: XP is no gentleman, and refuses to wear the hat. (At least the window it is supposed to adorn is completely invisible without loss of functionality...)
* Feature request: when using /a, give an example for /match even when a /verb is available.
* Feature request :P: better readme.txt file, including examples and a list of parameters and such
* Bug? On mouser's XP Cautomaton totally messes up all the icons, also garbling the Send to submenu into blocks and other semi-geometrical shapes. Any XP users around here who can test with the /p option on a random file, and tell me how their menu compares to rightclicking said file?
* Bug: debug messages are worth crap if you print the wrong stuff at the wrong places.

cranioscopical:
On XP SP3

Just a note; Cautomaton dies here if I hover over "Open With" from the popup - before even I can left-click on it.

From inside the Cautomaton folder I type this;
cautomaton /a readme.txt

Here's a comparison of right-click menus
NANY 2011 Release: Cautomaton

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version