topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 5:35 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Vector Clock Designer  (Read 2641 times)

Stoic Joker

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Vector Clock Designer
« on: November 14, 2010, 10:47 AM »
While going through some T-Clock support/bugg report/feature request emails I ran across one from a fellow who wanted me to checkout this program. Now I have not used, or even downloaded this program as of yet. But just reading through the features list it sounds cool as hell. You can basically WYSIWYG design your own clock picking the (Aw hell I'll just paste it):

Vector Clock Designer - is first software of its kind, providing full high-fidelity vector graphics editor dedicated to creation and design of fully functional desktop clocks.

Have a look around - all clocks, You can find on this site, were created in Vector Clock Designer. You can even download clocks source files, open it in Designer and redesign them.

Vector Clock Designer - is sophisticated and robust software for functional clock designs. Allows detailed creation of all internal aspects of a clock - background, hands and time related stuff (eg. dates, alarms, countdowns, animations, etc), glass and clock interface controls. It organizes individual clock components into the hierarchical tree with special editors for each tree item type.

Vector Graphics Engine used in Clock Designer provides in software high-quality anti-aliased 2D graphics with subpixel accuracy (high-precision). That means, no hardware acceleration is required and clocks created in Designer runs virtually on any Windows PC (starting from WinXP & up).

In Easy Mode - You can create Your clock by dragging and dropping clock components such as clock backgrounds, faces, hands, glasses, etc., from pre-loaded clock components library.

In Expert Mode - You can design in very detail every little aspect of the clock. Mostly, it is a drawing sequence for the clock engine such as lines, rectangles, circles, SVG paths, images, fills, strokes, colors, gradients, shadows and all common aspects of typical Vector Graphics. Plus special objects which makes the clock work (eg. alarm & countdown objects, face elements for hours & minutes, etc).

When You're done with Your functional clock design, just push the "Install Clock to Desktop" icon and Your clock will appear on desktop - and will fully work as an alarm desktop clock. You can leave Designer and keep running Your very own functional clock design on Your desktop.

Best of all - Vector Clock Designer software is FREE.
-site

So if anybody is looking for a really customizable desktop clock, this looks like a hit!

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Vector Clock Designer
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 11:44 AM »
The same company also has a very fine $30 screen capture program, CrossGL SnapDraw 3 which is *almost* a competitor to Snagit !! I won't use it every day, because FastStone Capture is simply too fast not to use for simple jobs. But for the advanced jobs, SnapDraw is really fine and really advanced. The SnapDraw Annotation Tools Library with 326 extra tools is almost awesome!
 :up:

Unfortunately the 30 day trial is bugging the user to purchase now.
 :mad:

« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 11:54 AM by Curt »