ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Environment variables in 'Pattern Scoring'?

(1/2) > >>

lujomu:
I'd like to promote certain search results that contain an specific environment variable.

I thought the easiest way would be to add this variable in the 'Pattern Scoring' section, e.g. '*%var%*'. Apparently this doesn't work.

Is there another way to achieve this?

mouser:
hmm.. i might be able to fix that easily, or maybe not.. can you give me a more specific example of how you would use it?
are you trying to use %var% to favor files in a certain DIRECTORY? if so, you definitely CAN use environmental variables in search directory list, and that would be a more efficient way to set a bonus score for files in a certain directory.

lujomu:
What I'd like to achieve is, that on 64-bit systems the 64-bit applications are on top of the search results.

On all 64-bit machines I use, there is the environment variable %OsArch%, which is set 'x64' and the program links look like e.g. 'Blender 2.55 (x64).lnk' and 'Blender 2.55 (x32).lnk'. So with a 'Pattern Scoring' like '*(%OsArch%)*.lnk' the x64-links would be first on 64-bit systems.

I thought there might be a simple way to do this. But if there isn't, I can very well live without it! ;)

mouser:
sounds like a smart idea.. though because 64 bit programs wont run on a 32 bit operating system, it sounds like you could just ALWAYS boost x64 pattern in all cases and get the benefit.

lujomu:
But the point is, I have both versions (x64 and x32) of the programs on the usb flash drive.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version