ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Too Stupid to Own a Computer

<< < (6/7) > >>

app103:
Hmmm... this article seems to have a lot more detail about this story, complete with the scammer's account of what happened.

http://www.lohud.com/article/20101110/NEWS02/11100342/Oil-heir-Roger-Davidson-says-he-was-a-victim-of-grifters-

Darwin:
2. How on earth did the scammers justify the 7 figure fee to the victim? I mean, and I think this was partly Renegade's point above, how could anyone be convinced that rooting around on someone's hard drive is worth that much money?
-Darwin (November 13, 2010, 08:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's why I said it seems part of this story is missing.
-app103 (November 14, 2010, 07:29 AM)
--- End quote ---
Oops! Sorry app - I missed that. You did indeed make the same point.

Thank you for posting the link to the more detailed story above. Reading it now...

Darwin:
Bizarre... After reading the article I'm more mystified than ever! What a mess...

Stoic Joker:
"(They) were bringing over $400 million," Bedi said, "and for this, they were very concerned because taxes had not been paid on this money for 60 years."
--- End quote ---
Okay so he didn't go to the cops because of the tax evasion issue - Not quite the most innocent of "victims" is he?

Darwin:
"(They) were bringing over $400 million," Bedi said, "and for this, they were very concerned because taxes had not been paid on this money for 60 years."
--- End quote ---
Okay so he didn't go to the cops because of the tax evasion issue - Not quite the most innocent of "victims" is he?
-Stoic Joker (November 14, 2010, 09:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

Still doesn't (quite) explain why he agreed to pay these jokers $160,000 a month...
Actually, now that I've had a cup of coffee and am thinking more clearly, this smacks of blackmail.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version