ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

pin a document to start menu

<< < (6/11) > >>

cranioscopical:
Ctrl-RightButtonDrag to start button, and then up to desired position, then release works in the XP start menu non-classic mode.
In classic mode you get the option to create a shortcut when the rmbutton is released.

techidave:
Ctrl-RightButtonDrag to start button, and then up to desired position, then release works in the XP start menu non-classic mode.
In classic mode you get the option to create a shortcut when the rmbutton is released.
-cranioscopical (November 11, 2010, 02:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

Nope, that doesn't work either.  Have also tried it with different key combinations like ctrl, shift, alt and that didn't work either.

Also uninstalled anything dealing with mulltiple monitors and taskbars but to no avail.

techidave:
I just tried the classic menu and it shows it but when I go back to the default one, it isn't there.  I will try it on my laptop later on tonite from home.  same file and everything too.

techidave:
Yeah, it works! (on my laptop)  Ended up copying the file to the root of the C drive.  Then the pin to start menu and drag and dropped worked.  I tried to pin a shortcut but that didn't work which would be nice  but ...

I think someone suggested copying it to the c drive.  Now I will try it tomorrow at work.

techidave:
Tried it on my work computer and it works!   :Thmbsup:  But I wonder why it doesn't work from my documents?  oh well.

thanks for all the suggestions in helping me figure this out!

Dave

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version