ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > The Form Letter Machine

The Form Letter Machine and the HTML management

<< < (2/2)

mouser:
Hi Mariano, welcome to the site.

I have TFLM integrated into my usage of thebat email client, but I'm afraid I don't know how to integrate it into other mail clients.

Could you elaborate a little regarding:
i was wondering, is there a method to add an html link into a "checkbox item".
--- End quote ---

I'm not sure exactly what you want to do -- if you are using TFLM to create html emails you should be able to put in text like
--- ---<a href="http://www.amazon.com">click here for amazon</a> without any problem; it won't look pretty in the preview screen but presumably your mail program should interpret it correctly.

marvis:
I'm not sure exactly what you want to do -- if you are using TFLM to create html emails you should be able to put in text like
--- ---<a href="http://www.amazon.com">click here for amazon</a> without any problem; it won't look pretty in the preview screen but presumably your mail program should interpret it correctly.-mouser (May 22, 2011, 07:06 AM)
--- End quote ---
Hi mouser, i'll try to explain better: i need to insert in the footer of all my emails "Please, read our terms and conditions." and the link goes on my website at the page "Terms & Conditions". Now, i tried dong what you said, but the html code remain as text...it is not "interpreted" as an html link.

mouser:
i tried dong what you said, but the html code remain as text...it is not "interpreted" as an html link.
--- End quote ---

ok that's important and something i didn't know.. am i write that you are using Microsoft Outlook (or Outlook express) as your mail client?

It sounds like maybe the only solution would be to add an option in tflm that would let you create richtext or similarly marked up entries (ie with font formatting and html links) and paste the completed text as such.. i'm going to have to think about that a bit more.

Actually maybe all I need to do is add an option that says to paste the text (put the code on the clipboard) as html.  That would be fairly easy i would think.  Maybe I can whip together a version to test if you are willing.

(or does someone know an easier way to paste plaintext into outlook such that it will interpret it as html?)

marvis:
exactly mouser! hope you can do something...
i'm using windows live mail...i have also outlook 2003 in case...

mouser:
let's do a test to make sure this approach is going to work:

Go to any page in your web browser that has a link on it, like this page, and select some text that includes the link and hit Ctr+C to copy it.
Now go to your mail and hit Ctrl+V to paste it.
Does it preserve the link now the way you want it to?
If so, then this should be fairly easy to add to TFLM.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version