topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 3:02 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Looking for Quasi-"Project" Manager that can be published to Web  (Read 2630 times)

CodeTRUCKER

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I have spent quite some time seeking a good (freeware) online chronological tasks manager (project manager) I can collaborate with my remote sons (who drive my truck) in designing, setting up and handling numerous projects on our small farm homestead.  Unfortunately, I have not discovered any and a search of DC hasn't yielded what I am after.  

Imagine handling, building a 1-1/2 mile fence, building a pole barn and planting a small peach orchard.  None of these are real complicated, but keeping track of these and a dozen more like them can be a chore.  Just trying to eliminate unnecessary (duplicate) trips to town for materials takes some doing.  Coordinating it all on some kind of flexible (things always change) graphic interface would be invaluable, as I'm sure you can see!

Here are the particulars...
  • Online tasks/project manager or project manager software that can be published to the Web.  It does not have to be interactive, but it would be nice.
  • Needs to have dependencies (Successor, Predecessor) to keep the calendar useful.
  • Should have a Gantt Chart, but dependencies between tasks are more important.
  • Simple.

If you have any ideas, I can sure use them. :Thmbsup:

« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 04:20 PM by CodeTRUCKER »

Stoic Joker

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Looking for Quasi-"Project" Manager that can be published to Web
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 03:45 PM »
I did some quick googling and found this  PHP Gnatt Chart
With a MySQL backend that might be a good place to start

CodeTRUCKER

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Looking for Quasi-"Project" Manager that can be published to Web
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 04:15 PM »
I did some quick googling and found this  PHP Gnatt Chart
With a MySQL backend that might be a good place to start

:huh:  Thank you for giving me more credit than I deserve, but I wouldn't know where to begin.  :-[