ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Why Apple's Distortion Field Works

(1/13) > >>

zridling:

Navneet Alang nails this familiar meme with a good article, Why Apple's Distortion Field Works:

So why is that that Steve Jobs and Apple in general command so much attention? And more to the point, why does this Apple “reality distortion field exist”? ... It is Apple who is showing everyone, rather than tech geeks, what technology is capable of and how it makes your life better. ...What’s more, love them or hate them, Apple has innovated in creative, exciting ways.

Renegade:
...What’s more, love them or hate them, Apple has innovated in creative, exciting ways.[/color]
-zridling (November 09, 2010, 04:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

That drives me f**king insane with rage. NO. They do not innovate. That's just BS. Their app store is not innovative. Anyone that has used it knows just what total s**t it is.

They're hyping the Mac App Store as "revolutionary". F*** OFF! It's not. It's been around since 1998 in Linux. Ubuntu has made it much more than it was.

They are not innovators.

Apple copies stuff. They copy s**t. Polish s**t. Slap some lipstick and 6-inch stiletto heels on s**t then pimp s**t out as "innovation" and a "revolution". No. BS. It's not.

From the title...

IT'S A F**KING DISTORTION FIELD PEOPLE!

Apples true innovation is their ability to steal from others then represent it as their own, successfully. That is their real trick.

Slick design is NOT technological innovation.

Everything Apple does has been done before.

IT'S THE APPLE DISTORTION FIELD!

It's most certainly not innovation.

Here's the acid test... Is Microsoft innovative? Nobody will say yes. Is .NET (the CLI) innovative? A better question, but no, it isn't. .NET (the CLI) is Java done right. That's all. It's not innovation. It's improvement.

Stoic Joker:
Damn that's a hard act to follow...

But my impression of the article is that they're saying that Apple came up with inovative ways of presenting technology to the masses (Which is not the same as creating inovative technologies - colored plastic doesn't count - which they're never done). Which seems (to me) to fit perfectly with the idea that Apples primary "product" is there marketing (which is true).

Sorry Renegade, much as I love you're rants...I'm having trouble getting behind this one.

Renegade:
Damn that's a hard act to follow...

But my impression of the article is that they're saying that Apple came up with inovative ways of presenting technology to the masses (Which is not the same as creating inovative technologies - colored plastic doesn't count - which they're never done). Which seems (to me) to fit perfectly with the idea that Apples primary "product" is there marketing (which is true).

Sorry Renegade, much as I love you're rants...I'm having trouble getting behind this one.
-Stoic Joker (November 09, 2010, 07:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

I've not read the article yet. I need to calm down some before that. It was just that line that set me off.

"Improvement" is not "innovation".

We'll see though. I'll read the article tomorrow. When it comes to marketing, Apple is godlike. They've got the distortion field to prove it.

Eóin:
I've recently been told that Windows runs better on a Mac than on a PC by a fanboi.

I have to admit it is pretty innovative for a tech company to have so successfully applied religion-esque brainwashing to it's customers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version