ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Laser Turntable plays Records like a cd player!

(1/1)

mouser:
http://www.audioturntable.com/

Welcome to the online home of the Laser Turntable! This technological marvel plays vinyl records with master tape sound quality and no wear. The Laser Turntable is perfect for record collectors, archivists and vinyl enthusiasts alike.
--- End quote ---

from digg (www.digg.com)

err... i'ts $8000 yipes!

vegas:
My wet dream.  I've had my eye on this for over 2 years (it was over $12,000 then), too bad it doesn't look like the price will ever approach $1000 USD.  Would be a great way to be able to archive all vinyl in the highest possible quality & so much music only ever made it to vinyl, mostly extended versions, remixes, a cappella's, instrumentals, etc... If anyone gets the urge to send me one, you can PM me, otherwise if I win this next lottery for $300 million I will send one to everyone who posts in this thread. Sound like a deal?  hehe

nudone:
vegas, mark me down, i'll have one when you win. i'll return the favour if i win.

didn't i read that vinyl is making a comeback - if it does, then i don't think it would be too much to expect these types of laser turntables to come down in price. hey, true audiophiles rubbish CD players and say vinyl is superior so we just need the average music lover to start saying the same thing. the record companies should back the idea anyway, as they can sell everyone vinyl copies of the CDs they already own.

around and around we go.

dingus:
vinyl and a tube amp !!

Mark0:
I remember someone did something like scanning a vinyl, and then reconstructing a PCM stream analyzing the bitmap... even more cooler, albeit non just as effective! :)

Bye!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version