ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Filter directory tree by file type?

<< < (3/3)

4wd:
That's FAST!!!  :o And it will do for what I need. Thanks!  :Thmbsup:-JennyB (November 09, 2010, 07:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

No problem, there's a later version that's beta on the forum here, (it's been out a year and has been stable here), which adds a few things, (eg. recent change filters, better Safe Removal support, etc).

If you enable the Shell context menu, then it will restrict itself to the chosen path including sub-directories without you having to type them in.

Curt:
Is there any program that can take a file type and return a list of directories that contain files of that type?-JennyB (November 07, 2010, 07:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

Except for all the special programs already mentioned, I will like to remind you that Explorer does this per default. Just type .TheFiletype in Explorer's search box, when you are in a top directory, and the result will include all relevant files in every sub-folder in that directory. The speed of the result depends on whether you have indexing turned on or off.

MilesAhead:
Is there any program that can take a file type and return a list of directories that contain files of that type?-JennyB (November 07, 2010, 07:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

Except for all the special programs already mentioned, I will like to remind you that Explorer does this per default. Just type .TheFiletype in Explorer's search box, when you are in a top directory, and the result will include all relevant files in every sub-folder in that directory. The speed of the result depends on whether you have indexing turned on or off.

-Curt (November 12, 2010, 07:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

I never thought to try that.  Here's a weirdy though. I typed in .txt in the Address Bar by mistake and it opened a tab in Chromium telling me it could not find the web site!!!  heh heh heh

When I used the search with .txt it found the text files though. :)

DonL:
XYplorer 10.60 will come with a Flat View that can be filtered (wildcards patterns, Boolean logic, RegExp), level-indented, and sorted in a tree-like sort order. In other words, it comes with a directory tree filtered by file type. That's why I revived this old topic. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version