topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 4:08 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Scite loses caption bar in Windows Seven?  (Read 2971 times)

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Scite loses caption bar in Windows Seven?
« on: November 07, 2010, 05:50 PM »
Don't know what happened. I was using Scite4AutoIt3 and commented a block.  The editor went full screen with no caption bar. I copied the entire scite folder from AutoIt3 install from another machine where it's working properly. No joy. Uninstall/reinstall no getting it back. I assume it's got some stupid setting in the registry to take up all the desktop.  Anyone know how to get it so I can resize it again? Hitting F11 only covers and uncovers the TaskBar.

Man what a waste of time! I've been screwing with this for 2 hours now.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 05:51 PM by MilesAhead »

cmpm

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Scite loses caption bar in Windows Seven?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 05:59 PM »
'Esc' key does nothing?

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 07:27 PM »
Nope.  It's bizarre because there seems to be no command to go out of full screen mode.  I changed global properties back.  The width and height got changed to -1 like when it's first installed.  Made no difference. Copied the folder from my other machine. I don't understand hiding the caption bar. What can you fit one more line of text?  It's almost like it's booby trapped.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 07:46 PM »
I dunno'.  I stuck the mouse pointer off the top of the screen and double-clicked. I got the caption bar back.  Then I could resize.  But it still won't open to the size and positions in the global properties file. It just opens to the last position when closed. Weird.

Edit: NirCmd came in handy. I used the 'win' command to set the window position and size to match the setting in the global properties file.  At least for the moment it opens in the size and position I want.  Turns out I could have used my own rap.exe (run and position) to do the same thing.  Been so long since I used it I totally forgot the name of the thing.   :-[

btw-I removed Run And Place Utilities. There are other apps that do it better. I was new to AutoIt3 at the time and the command line params are just a mess. Not worth fixing. :)

Don't know what that "full screen" feature is about but I don't want to find out either. :)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 02:23 PM by MilesAhead »