ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Strange Google Chrome Problem

<< < (4/4)

sajman99:
Fair enough. The reason I asked is because I vaguely remember reading way back when I purchased IDM that "advanced browser integration" was somehow dangerous. To this day I've never enabled that feature; the program works just fine without it.

I was just now briefly searching and found this page with the following quote regarding IDM...
The "Advanced browser integration" provided by this program makes substantial changes to WinSock2 settings in the Windows registry, which can be highly dangerous. Use this feature with extreme care!
--- End quote ---

Anyway, glad you're back up and running stable. :)

rgdot:
Update if anyone cares, see my post above:

Every Windows session where I use Chrome my power settings stop working. Even when I close Chrome completely (and make sure via task manager and other process apps that it and all (that I can see any way) dependencies are killed). Only remedy is when I restart PC or go to power setting and 'reapply' the Turn Off Monitor and other settings. It has been happening for so long (various plugins have come and gone) that I am sure it can't be anything else, only thing in common is when Chrome is used.
I have never tried to post about it in Chrome forums or groups or whatever...because I suspect I will get 'Chrome can't possibly do that' line
--- End quote ---

I searched and asked and there actually were a few similar complaints about Chrome messing system power setting. No solutions that I could see just hopes that newer versions will fix it somehow. This is still not solved, at least not on my somewhat antiquated XP SP3.

A stranger thing did happen though, the last couple of days I am having another problem with Chrome. Using it I sometimes lose wireless connection and to my shock it is also not only me (google "google chrome wireless connection") In this case some people blame routers and my reaction is of course... no matter how cheap my router may or may not be I don't think I should base it on the browser I use. So for now it's back to Firefox...

This sounds very non-technical but .....Chrome is interfering a lot with the system basics and it's unacceptable

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version