topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 3:45 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Any SIMPLE dvd audio ripping software out there?  (Read 3419 times)

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Any SIMPLE dvd audio ripping software out there?
« on: November 22, 2010, 01:04 AM »
I have several really awesome concert DVD's.  I want to convert just the audio from these into mp3's so I can put it in my portable player and listen to it on the road.  I can't seem to find a good, simple solution for this.  Everything I've found (doom9, videohelp forums) is a complicated multi-software, multi-step procedure using a bunch of command line + gui interface things that is usually typical for this kind of stuff.  Do any of you know of a simple, one-click type solution for this?  This is the procedure I've used in the past:
http://avisynth.org/mediawiki/DVDAGuide
it works, but it's a bit much for me.

cmpm

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 01:26 AM by cmpm »

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Any SIMPLE dvd audio ripping software out there?
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 01:41 AM »
i normally use DVD Decrypter to extract the audio part (AC3) and use a multi-purpose converter to convert the audio to mp3. cmpm's suggestions follows something along this line but it's a 2-step process..  :)

you can try this application here, DVD Audio Ripper, which claims to be able to convert DVD audio into MP3s.

DVD Audio Ripper is a DVD audio extractor and DVD to MP3 converter to rip audio from DVD, rip DVD sound to MP3, WMA, WAV, AAC, AC3, OGG, RA and SUN AU formats. Using DVD Audio Ripper, you can extract DVD audio, rip DVD movie soundtrack and subtitle to MP3 file and rip DVD sound to WAV with complete sound effects.
http://www.imtoo.com...vd-audio-ripper.html

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
dvd audio ripping
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 01:39 PM »
I have no idea if this is a simple one:
http://www.aimersoft...iving-2010-page.html

2010-11-22_203733.gif

Shades

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Any SIMPLE dvd audio ripping software out there?
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2010, 03:55 PM »
@superboyac
Oxelon Media Converter, that is the one I personally use. It can hook itself into the context menu and then it is really easy on your eyes...with that I mean a nice, clean and simple interface that simply works even under Win7-64bit.

Not completely sure if it converts video directly to audio, but even if it doesn't do this you will still be pleased with this converter.