ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Synergy: Sharing your keyboard and mouse

<< < (2/9) > >>

mouser:
great mini review! i have a laptop i have to try this on.

Dr-Leech:
Nice review.

I'm using WIN2VNC, that does the same job but it uses the VNC protocol. Nice.

Options:
Synergy: Sharing your keyboard and mouse

Get it at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/win2vnc/

2stepsback:
hi all,
looks to me that all these solutions need both computers to have monitors.

Is there a software that allows you to access another PC from your default first, even when the other has only a box with no mouse, keyboard or monitor, but is connected with  LAN card to your default PC?

Network-booting/Etherboot or similar special hacks will also do as long as they are in software.

KVM = Keyboard Video Mouse

I'm trying not to purchase any KVM hardware because they overprice rare components and take unfair advantage and, there's poor support for those hardware devices if anything goes wrong - means essentially you often end up paying again for such out-of-the-way-products

Any suggestions?
2stepsback

Deozaan:
KVM = Keyboard Video Mouse

Any suggestions?
2stepsback
-2stepsback (April 23, 2007, 06:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think VNC does this, though I haven't ever really used it so I'm not certain.

Get it at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/win2vnc/
-Dr-Leech (September 21, 2006, 10:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

tinjaw:
I was thinking about purchasing Stardock's Multiplicity and did a search for it here on DC and found this thread. I forgot about Synergy.

I have a few questions that maybe somebody can answer. First off I see that there hasn't been a release of Synergy since April 2006. It is so stable that no new releases are necessary, or has the program fizzled out? Multiplicity is still being updated by Stardock and has been proven to work with games. How well does Synergy work with high-end games? Does the game take a hit in FPS when it is used? I also don't like that Multiplicity is Windows only as I am not.

I guess I can try Synergy and then the 15-day trial of Multiplicity, but that seems like work.  ;)

So, any reason I shouldn't go with Synergy?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version