ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Synergy: Sharing your keyboard and mouse

<< < (7/9) > >>

justice:
If you need to do a multi pc installation routine for example preparing a classroom full of computers maybe this would come in handy?

kartal:
Input Director ROCKS. It is easier to use and has seamless integration. Crazy GOOD. I mean it is beyond best

http://www.inputdirector.com/

I still haven't taken the plunge yet. I don't have the time to mess with all this right now. However, I did spot another application today that does the same thing. I don't know if it is any good or not.

Input Director (see attachment in previous post)-tinjaw (November 22, 2007, 07:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

Darwin:
Yeah, couldn't agree more, Kartal. I just spent 20 minutes trying to get Synergy to work (forgot about the Xhirl Synergy Wizard) and gave up and installed Input Director instead. I had everything configured and running within in seconds (seriously!). I AM intrigued by Synergy's ability to share keyboard and mouse across platform as I also have Linux and OSX machines on my network (and desk) and by Multiplicity's ability to copy and move files and folders... If all of this came together in one app I'd be very happy indeed!

Gothi[c]:
I use synergy here between 4 computers. 2 running FreeBSD and 2 running Gentoo... works wonderfully well. I didn't find it hard to set up at all. The configuration is very straightforward, you just tell it which screen is to the left/right of which.

Darwin:
Yeah - that's where the wizard would have come in for me  :o I'm just downloading a trial of MaxiVista - if it does all that it says it will, it sounds just what I'm looking for (but will stick with Input Director or Synergy otherwise).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version