ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Synergy: Sharing your keyboard and mouse

<< < (6/9) > >>

wraith808:
I would love one of these that doesnt need one screen per computer. After all I have screens that can have more than one input, so it should be possible in some way...

As things stand I tend to use either a kvm or remote admin, but kvms are rarely seamless, and remote admin cant handle games...

I almost bought multiplicity a few times but the clutter of multiple screens just stopped me

-iphigenie (October 25, 2007, 08:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

A KVM seems like it would be a better solution for you... or Remote Desktop or VNC.  They serve different purposes.  I want to control a complete computer as a totally separate computer at the same time- you can't two box MMOs if the screen is constantly switching.  But on my server, I want to access it remotely, so I use remote desktop for that, and don't connect a monitor.  In other words, IMO, you're barking up the wrong tree- there's already software for what you want- this just isn't it. :)

iphigenie:
True

I'm more likely to be playing 2 games in parallel than the same game twice...

wraith808:
Even with two games in parallel (I do that too), unless they're both turn based, it's better to have two monitors- the flip a KVM gives you, or the reduction in performance from Remote Desktop or VNC will likely make one of the games suffer in my experience.

tinjaw:
I still haven't taken the plunge yet. I don't have the time to mess with all this right now. However, I did spot another application today that does the same thing. I don't know if it is any good or not.

Input Director
[attachimg=#1][/attachimg]

Ralf Maximus:
I'm still trying to puzzle out this Input Director feature:

Mirror input mode - Mouse and keyboard input is simultaneously sent to all systems

--- End quote ---

Um... what?  Clearly somebody has a need for this else it wouldn't have got coded.  But again... what?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version