ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > LaunchBar Commander

Icons not showing in LBC

<< < (2/3) > >>

mouser:
ok, now that i understand i can try to figure out how to fix it..

here's a question for you, if you look at the detailed properties of the xplorer^2 shortcut whose icon isnt displaying properly in windows file explorer right+click context menu for properties, do you see anything unusual about it? does it point to an actual correct location on the disk for the application? any other parameters passed to it? anything unusual at all?

briandr67:
If you look at the right pane of the screenshot of xplorer 2 above the icon is fine, same in explorer and all my file managers. Nothing unusual at all for any of them. It seems that LBC being 32bit, it can hook the icons from other 32bit app shortcuts, but not 64bit app shortcuts because the same problem occurs with all shortcuts for 64bit apps.

mouser:
because the same problem occurs with all shortcuts for 64bit apps.
--- End quote ---

ok that's what i wanted to know.

ok let me look into it and see what i can figure out.

but.. actually if you could show me the property dialog for one of these shortcuts, it might help..
is the target path to it exact? or is there some path environmental variable involved?

briandr67:
No variables whatsoever, path is correct. I have included screenshots of the properties dialogue and the folder proper in Windows Explorer.

briandr67:
Just to add weight to my theory that LBC is unable to hook icons from shortcuts to x64 apps....... C:\Program Files\DVD Maker\DVDMaker.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Fix it Center\FixitCenter.exe, C:\Program Files\MyDefragGUI\MyDefragGUI.exe C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Mahjong\Mahjong.exe, C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Solitaire\Solitaire.exe, C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\PaintDotNet.exe
As you can see all are from the C:\Program Files, 64bit programs folder, not the C:\Program Files (x86) 32bit programs folder.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version