ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > LaunchBar Commander

Icons not showing in LBC

(1/3) > >>

briandr67:
Mouser, not sure if this is a bug or not, but LBC does not show the icons of 64bit apps from shortcuts. Before using LBC I made a toolbar from a folder of subfolders of shortcuts. When I setup LBC I used these folders and added a few of my most used programs to the bar. The directly linked 64bit app icon displays correctly, the icon from the shortcut doesn't. See screenshots. Edit: BTW, I am running Win 7 Home Premium X64 on a Dell Inspiron 1545 Notebook

mouser:
Ok so just to clarify what you are saying:

1) if you ask LBC to display the contents of a folder in a menu, that has no problems.
2) but if you manually add a button to a LBC bar, and link to a shortcut, it doesn't show the button at all?

just so i fully understand, can you show me your LBC configuration screen where you have selected this button node and it's showing the details of it.

briandr67:
 Mouser, it shows the icons of all the 32bit apps from their shortcuts in the dropdown lists, but not the icons from 64bit apps. If you look at the dropdown list in the top screenshot above all icons are shown except the xplorer2 icon (xplorer2_64.exe) which I have circled. Node is a Folder Node. If you look further along the bar to the second circled item, the xplorer2 icon shows as it is linked directly to the program file. Node is a Command Node.

mouser:
ok im still unclear about what you are saying the behavior is..

i'm sorry for being dense, but am i understanding it now that the problem is that when displaying a drop down menu of folder contents, it is showing the entry for a 64bit app, and can launch it ok, BUT that the icon is wrong/generic ?

i'm pretty sure that's what you are saying now.. yes?

briandr67:
That is entirely correct Jesse

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version