ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Format Factory TOTAL-BULL installation of Ask.com (warning: cursing inside)

<< < (3/5) > >>

lanux128:
looks like it's time for an alternative converter program.. SUPER converter FTW! :P

superboyac:
Yeah, i used Super primarily before Format Factory, you can even read about it in the thread somewhere here.  But Super has it's own quirks, mainly it's horrendous website and almost as horrendous interface.  But it sure can do everything.

lanux128:
i've never used Format Factory before, though i have downloaded it. the thing with these freeware apps is that they have to take on 3rd party tools to stay afloat..

in any case, keep an eye on DC's Found Deals section, there might be a post on a payware convertor being given away or something like that. that'd be better for you in the long run.

superboyac:
Yeah, I actually don't really know of any good shareware converters.  it seems to be a genre where all the good stuff is freeware.  Any recommendations?  Other than full video suites, like Premiere or Vegas?  I don't need a discount, if it's good I'll get it right now!

lanux128:
yes there is a plethora of converters out there and most of are them just a GUI frontend to CLI tools like ffmpeg. while it's tempting to use a all-in-one program, it's best identify what type of conversions do you do most of the time and get the best tool for that.

myself i use separate converters depending on the needs. one for audio, another for flash videos, yet another for DVD ripping but that's just me. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version