ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Unfinished Requests

UNFINISHED: One word, three dictionaries

<< < (2/4) > >>

parkint:
A simple solution is to use Google.  Try this in the Google search area (include the quotes as I have):

definition "ambiguous"

You will get results that are similar to what you have described.  And the synopsis would usually be enough to offer the gist of each.

MilesAhead:
Using the keyword dictionary instead of definition worked for me.  Or the word defined.

If you wanted to search specific dictionaries then you may be able to cobble something together with a macro to open new tab, then use site:merriam-webster.com word or site:thefreedictionary.com sesquipedalian etc..

btw looks like wraith is doing the tough part.  Gleaning the results. It will be interesting to see the implementation.  Should be a useful tool. :)

lls:
If you wanted to search specific dictionaries then you may be able to cobble something together with a macro to open new tab, then use site:merriam-webster.com word or site:thefreedictionary.com sesquipedalian-MilesAhead (November 18, 2010, 05:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

The dictionaries I am talking about are software ones, not on-line. As regards the on-line ones I don't need anything better than OneLook.

wraith808:
If you wanted to search specific dictionaries then you may be able to cobble something together with a macro to open new tab, then use site:merriam-webster.com word or site:thefreedictionary.com sesquipedalian-MilesAhead (November 18, 2010, 05:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

The dictionaries I am talking about are software ones, not on-line.
-lls (November 18, 2010, 09:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

Oh... I misunderstood too.  I was allowing to use the websites; I didn't realize they were software based.

lls:
Sorry for my not having been specific enough.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version