ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Idea: Toggle Windows Mouse single/double click to open in Explorer

(1/2) > >>

MilesAhead:
I've changed from the default double-click to single-click for opening items in Explorer.  The bad side-effect is that holding down shift and clicking doesn't select a row of stuff anymore. You have to deal with individual check marks.

What I'd like to see is a quick toggle, perhaps with a selectable hotkey, that changes between single and double click mode.  So I can toggle to double-click mode, select a bunch of items using Shift click etc.., then when done, toggle back to Single-click mode.

Could be the best of both worlds.  I know where the setting is in the Explorer menus but I don't know the registry keys that control it to attempt it myself.

skwire:
I know where the setting is in the Explorer menus but I don't know the registry keys that control it to attempt it myself.-MilesAhead (November 03, 2010, 02:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

RegShot is your friend.  http://sourceforge.net/projects/regshot/

MilesAhead:
I suspect the fly in the ointment would be log off to take effect unless I pushed the buttons with macro.  If you use the GUI it knows enough to reload the settings. If you update the registry I doubt it's smooth.

MilesAhead:
btw thanks for the link to that tool. I'll be checking it out. :)

yksyks:
… The bad side-effect is that holding down shift and clicking doesn't select a row of stuff anymore.-MilesAhead (November 03, 2010, 02:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

You can do this, just hover the mouse for about a half a second without moving above an item. This acts as clicking, so you can use the usual modifiers like Shift, Ctrl, or Shift-Ctrl for making contiguous and/or non-contiguous selections. It requires some practice, though. I'm using this setting for years, it's quite handy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version