ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Zentimo at GAOTD (Nov 03, 2010)

<< < (2/4) > >>

4wd:
...kill Everything Search because it's hooked into the drive...-MilesAhead (November 03, 2010, 03:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

What version of Everything are you using?

I can't remember the last time Everything stopped removal of a drive here, using the latest beta 1.2.1.451a.

Changes:

improved searching for folders by up to 20 times faster.
    fixed unrecognized included volumes in the options window.
    fixed an issue with the volume monitors not releasing handles when safely remove device requested to unmount a volume.
    fixed a display issue with new recently change dates/times.
    fixed a crash when sorting by size then second sorting by recent changes.
--- End quote ---

MilesAhead:
I'm using Everything 1.2.1.371

It must be the latest stable because check for updates says it's up to date.
I guess I could try the beta though.

btw where are you getting this beta from? Their download page only lists the version above.

(On forum.. I see it) :)

MilesAhead:
I think I like USB SR better. Simpler. Went back to that.

sajman99:
Got Zentimo yesterday--thanks for posting this lanux128.

USB Disk Ejector works fine for removing an external drive, but often it couldn't reconnect the drive without rebooting (pita). Now it's much more convenient with Zentimo. 8)

MilesAhead:
I'm starting to think it may be simpler just to run sync.exe to flush buffers, then kill the power on my docking station.  Sometimes I'm messing around for 5 minutes with this foolishness. I guess the only way to know is try it the exigent way for a period of time and keep doing scan disks until I can tell if there's any adverse reaction.

I updated to latest Everything Search version and it's still reluctant to let go at times.  Seems rather silly to be opening and closing network connections and programs when there's not a copy or other activity other than change monitoring in progress.  It's starting to get old fast.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version